Home » , , » [Rice Recipes] Eggless Ragi Chocolate Muffin

[Rice Recipes] Eggless Ragi Chocolate Muffin

Written By Unknown on Saturday 15 August 2015 | 22:07

Since I decided I would try as many new proportion of flours for my Muffin experiment, I decided I would try with Ragi flour. Ragi / Finger Millet is quite common at home and I always stock it in my fridge. With this Muffin experiments, I also wanted my boys to eat them. So adding chocolate/ Cocoa was a given thing.
I set out to make this along with my parotta making and the muffins took about 20 mins to get done. Kids have been watching Masterchef US, so they wanted to get their dinner done before it starts. There was a time when I was clueless on what this program was, even though it was related to cooking. After my kids started watching cooking shows, they have been very consistent on the timing.
Eggless Ragi Chocolate Muffin
Boys didn't know what Ragi flour was, they saw the cocoa and chocolate chips and were so excited. Then muffins came out, they could hardly wait to dig in. They proclaimed these to be so delicious. Konda wanted to tell them what it was. Even after hearing the name, they were clueless and said so what it was so yummy! Anyway at times we simply have to sneak in such things.
I am not sure what else to experiment next, so if you guys think of anything new, drop a line in the comment, will work on that. Else it might be something regular for Friday!
Eggless Ragi Chocolate Muffin
Since the sweetness is almost the same even after baking, I ensured I tasted the batter before popping in. Konda said it needed some more sugar, and I added extra two spoons of cocoa as well. The cooled muffins had a very distinct Ragi after taste. But then only ragi muffins will only taste ragi and nothing else right. To my eye the flour did look very finely ground, though after baking, you could feel the flour grainy on your tongue.
However for an healthier option, this is surely a great one. Next time I might add some butter and try to see if there is a great difference in taste.
Eggless Ragi Chocolate Muffin

Eggless Ragi Chocolate Muffin

Eggless Ragi Chocolate Muffin

Eggless Ragi Chocolate Muffin

Eggless Ragi Chocolate Muffin

Ingredients Needed: Ragi Flour - 3/4 cup
All purpose flour / Maida - 2 tbsp
Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup + 2 tsp
Sugar - 3/4 cup + 2 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tbsp
Salt a pinch
Apple Cider - 1 tbsp
Warm Water - 1/4 cup
Curds/ Yogurt - 2 tbsp
Chocolate Chips - 1/4 cup + some for garnish How to make the Ragi Muffin In a bowl, take the ragi flour, add maida, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and sugar. Fluff it well with a whisker. Then add blended curds, apple cider and warm water. Add the water slowly to check the consistency. Add chocolate chips and combine everything gently. Pre heat the oven at 185 C. Then grease a muffin tray and fill the moulds to 3/4ths. Top with choco chip and bake for 20 mins at 185 c. Check for doneness and let it cool, before serving.
Eggless Ragi Chocolate Muffin

Notes: My initial time was 15 mins, after checking I baked for another 5 mins. Since the muffins were mini, the time might vary depending on the mould you use.
Bake-a-thon 2014

An InLinkz Link-up

source : http://lintas.me, http://viva.co.id, http://cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
D.M.C.A Disclaimer - All contents published under GNU General Public License.
We does not upload or host any files on this website.
Copyright © 2015. MAYDANG
Proudly powered by Blogger